These guidelines apply to regular domestic U.S. team members.
Together, we have the opportunity to create a safe and inviting place to
work, a workplace that sets us apart. Here's what will get us there.
How to report discrimination or harassment
We can't stress it enough. American does not tolerate discrimination or harassment, or retaliation for making
a complaint of discrimination or harassment, or participating in an investigation of such a complaint. If you feel
that you have been harassed, discriminated, retaliated against in the employment or accommodation process
Here is how to report it;
• Tell your manager
• Contact your People Business Partner
• Or contact the Helpline by phone 1-877-422-3844 or online EthicsPoint Helpline (you may choose to
Your complaint will be investigated, appropriate corrective action will be taken to stop any inappropriate
conduct and prevent it, and there will be no reprisals for making such reports in good faith or participating in
an investigation of such a complaint. Remember, it is everyone's job to report discrimination and harassment
and to cooperate in the company's investigation of such reports. Anyone found engaging in discrimination,
harassment or retaliation will be subject to discipline, up to and including termination.
Keep it fair
No one wants to work for a company where harassment, intimidation or violence lives. To be absolutely clear,
American prohibits threats and workplace violence toward our team members, vendors, customers or property.
In no shape or form will the following be tolerated:
• Physically or verbally threatening or intimidating another individual while at work, including acts of
• The intentional destruction or threat of destruction of company or another's property
• Harassing or threatening an team member while at work, including phone calls or written
• Stalking at work; and
• Advocating illegal use of firearms, bombs, or weapons while at work.
This applies to everyone working on behalf of the company, including, but not limited to, American team
members, contract workers, temporary workers, and non-employees on American's property.If you witness or
are aware of any violent or potentially violent conduct, do the right thing and report it to your local management
as quickly as possible. They'll take it from there, making an initial assessment of the situation and contacting
the People Department.
Rules of Conduct.pdf